BUSINESSES AND WORK IN TURKEY
After buying a real rstate in Turkey, one of the best ways to blend in is to seek employment or start your own business in Turkey.
The right to establish a bussines or to work in a business is guaranteed by the constitution and laws in Turkey, and everyone is entitled to this right.
- You have to obtain necessary process to start a business
- You have to obtain a work permit to be able to work.
Employment of children under the age of 15 is strictly prohibited in Turkey. Employment of children aged between 15 and 18 is subject to certain restrictions. Violation of such rights is subject to serious sanctions.
Starting a Business in Turkey
With its rapidly developing successful economy, Turkey is one of the countries that attracts the attention of investors worldwide.
It’s young (more than 30 million people) and dynamic population, well-qualified and competitive labor force, developed infrastructure of transportation, telecommunication and energy industries and its central location puts Turkey amongst the leading economies in the world.
Turkey receives more than $12 billion in direct investment, and has more than 50,000 companies run by foreigners.
You can also invest in Turkey with similar conditions and rights as Turkish citizens. You can invest in as contribution to an existing company in Turkey or start your own business.
In addition, if you prove that you have made a total fixed capital investment of minimum $500,000 in Turkey to the Ministry of Industry and Technology, you will be entitled to apply for Turkish Citizenship.
Right to Work and Work Permit Application
As a foreigner, you have to obtain a work permit to be able to legally work in Turkey.
Work permits are issued by the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services.
Important Information on Work Permit
- After signing an employment contract with your employer, you can apply for a work permit.
- Charges and fees for the application must be paid by the employer, and the employer should not ask or force you to pay those charges.
- When you apply for renewal of your work permit, you can work in the same workplace and in the same job for 45 days following the expiration of your last work permit.
- Employers of foreigners without work permit are imposed to administrative fines for each foreigner who works.
- Employers and employees both have certain rights and obligations in business life. An employed foreigner with a work permit has the same rights and obligations as a Turkish citizen.
If you work without a work permit; You may be imposed administrative fines, You will not be entitled to the rights and safeguards provided by the law for the employees.